Friday, November 13, 2009

so many splinters





Here are some woodblock stencils I'm making for my printmaking class.
The last one is part of a diptych that we were assigned to make.
The top two stencils are going to be part of the "book" we're supposed to make as our final project. For the book, I think I'm going to go with an outer space/astronaut theme. I think I'll make a lot of retro-looking pictures of stars/planets/etc using woodblock printing, like these ones. Then, I'll contrast those with some more technical looking prints based on these space station diagrams and other weird NASA documents using the more sleek, screen-print techniques.
-Sorry if this post is kind of dull. Monday's post might get pretty insane, so I figured it would be best to keep things really low-key for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment